In partnership with
ARMY TOP BRASS CONDEMNS ATTACKS ON SAUDI ENERGY SITES, CALLS FOR RESTRAINT AMID REGIONAL TENSIONS
Profit
Wednesday, 8 April, 2026 | 19 Shawwal, 1447
Rs 20.00 | Vol XVII No 13 | 8 Pages | Lahore Edition
g CORPS COMMANDERS TERM STRIKES 'UNNECESSARY
g MILITARY BACKS GOVERNMENT DIPLOMACY, URGES
g ARMED FORCES VOW RELENTLESS ACTION AGAINST
g CONCERNS RAISED OVER INDIAN ILLEGALLY OCCUPIED
ESCALATION,' UNDERMINING PEACE EFFORTS TERROR PROXIES AND EXTERNAL SPONSORS
T
DIALOGUE IN MIDDLE EAST CONFLICT
JAMMU AND KASHMIR HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS
Pakistan condemns Iranian strikes on Saudi energy facilities ISLAMABAD
staff report
RAWALPINDI mian abrar
HE Pakistan Army’s top leadership on Tuesday strongly condemned recent attacks on Saudi Arabia’s energy infrastructure, describing them as an “unnecessary escalation” amid the ongoing US-Israeli war on Iran, according to the military’s media wing. The remarks came during the 274th Corps Commanders’ Conference, chaired by Chief of Defence Forces and Chief of Army Staff Asim Munir at General Headquarters in Rawalpindi, as stated by the InterServices Public Relations (ISPR). The forum lauded the government’s diplomatic efforts to de-escalate tensions in the Middle East, stressing the importance of restraint, dialogue, and peaceful resolution. It reaffirmed Pakistan’s commitment to constructive en-
gagement and its role as a responsible regional stakeholder working towards stability. Military leadership expressed serious concern over the attacks targeting Saudi petrochemical facilities, warning that such actions risk derailing ongoing diplomatic initiatives. The forum noted that Riyadh’s measured response despite “grave provocations” had created space for mediation, cautioning that continued aggression could jeopardize these efforts. Earlier, Pakistan’s Foreign Office also condemned the strikes, terming them a dangerous escalation that threatens regional peace. The development comes in the backdrop of a Strategic Mutual Defence Agreement signed between Pakistan and Saudi Arabia last year, under which any attack on either country is considered an act of aggression against both. The conference also conducted
a comprehensive review of the internal and external security environment. It reiterated a firm resolve to eliminate terrorist proxies allegedly backed by India and other external actors, along with their facilitators. The military leadership emphasized that ongoing operations against militants would continue with full intensity, including efforts to dismantle safe havens and prevent the use of Afghanistan’s soil for attacks against Pakistan. The forum further rejected what it described as persistent disinformation and “false flag” narratives attributed to India, asserting that such claims have been widely discredited internationally. It also raised concern over alleged human rights violations in Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir, including reports of extrajudicial killings.
CONTINUED ON PAGE 03
Pakistan on Tuesday voiced deep concern over Iranian missile and drone attacks on energy facilities in Saudi Arabia, describing the incident as a serious escalation with implications for regional peace and stability. In a statement, the Foreign Office said the government had expressed deep concern and unequivocal condemnation of the missile and drone attacks carried out by the Islamic Republic of Iran the previous night against energy facilities in the Eastern Region of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Foreign Office said Pakistan was also mourning the loss of life caused by the attacks and strongly deplored the damage to critical infrastructure. It added that Pakistan had conveyed condolences to the families of those killed and was standing in solidarity with the government and people of Saudi Arabia during what it called a difficult time. “The government of Pakistan expresses its deep concern and unequivocal condemnation of the missile and drone attacks carried out by the Islamic Republic of Iran last night against energy facilities in the Eastern Region of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia”, the statement read. Pakistan regarded the attacks as a grave breach of Saudi Arabia’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. It further described the strikes as a dangerous escalation that undermined peace and stability in the region. “The government of Pakistan considers these attacks a serious violation of Saudi Arabia’s sovereignty and territorial integrity and a dangerous escalation that undermines regional peace and stability,” the FO said”, the statement added.
PM reaffirms Pakistan’s solidarity in phone call with Saudi crown prince amid escalating hostilities ISLAMABAD
saleem jadoon
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Tuesday reaffirmed Pakistan’s “unwavering and unflinching” support for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) following the recent attacks on its industrial facilities, strongly condemning the strike on the Al Jubail oil complex, state media reported. According to a statement issued by the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) on X, PM Shehbaz held a telephone call with Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to discuss the escalating hostilities in the Middle East. The call came after Iran launched an attack on a petrochemical complex in Saudi Arabia’s Jubail industrial city in the Eastern Province, raising regional tensions.
CONTINUED ON PAGE 03